miércoles, 18 de octubre de 2017

Chronicles - Entry No. 13 : Alone | Crónicas - Entrada No. 13 : Solo/a

(Nobody's Home - Avril Lavigne)


   It was quiet that night, way too quiet for my liking. There was no sound in the house, only eerie silence. I looked at the screen of my Smartphone, just a black mirror reflecting my wrecked expression and the signs of tiredness on my face. I unlocked it and opened up Whatsapp; stared at all the chats and groups…no new messages. And why would there be any new messages if nobody fucking cares about me? Not one of my so-called friends -save one- just asks from time to time how I’m doing.

   I could just die. I could just slit my wrists and be done with it. What difference does it make to keep living this shitty life if it ain’t going to change no matter how hard I try to turn it around? It’s not going to happen. If it didn’t already then it won’t ever, even if I wait the rest of my life to be happy. I’m just going to remain miserable despite opting for not caring at all. If I try to do things the right way, it just comes out all wrong. I always end fucking everything up.

   I feel tempted, for real; to just do it and stop worrying about every little fucking thing. I could embrace peace for eternity if I just let go. After all, nobody would miss me anyway. They wouldn’t care; they wouldn’t even visit my grave. I’ll be forgotten as soon as I cease to exist; swallowed by death and oblivion, consumed by darkness and hate. There’s no love. No, true love I never met. I never will, I won’t make it to that day. I’ll die alone, drowning in a pool of my own blood.


The End

______   ______   ______


   Estaba todo silencioso esa noche, demasiado silencioso para mi gusto. No había sonido alguno en la casa, solo un terrible silencio. Miré la pantalla de mi Smartphone, solo un espejo negro reflejando mi expresión de angustia y las señales de cansancio en mi cara. Lo desbloqueé y abrí Whatsapp; observé todos los chats y grupos…ningún mensaje nuevo. Y, ¿por qué habría algún mensaje nuevo si a nadie le importo? Ninguno de mis supuestos amigos –salvo uno- me pregunta de vez en cuando cómo estoy. 

   Podría simplemente morir. Podría cortarme las muñecas y acabar con todo de una buena vez. ¿Qué diferencia hace seguir viviendo esta vida de mierda si no va a cambiar sin importar qué tanto intente darla vuelta? No va a pasar. Si no lo hizo ya, no lo va a hacer, incluso si espero durante el resto de mi vida para ser feliz. Voy a permanecer miserable aunque opte porque nada me importe. Si trato de hacer las cosas bien, todo me sale mal. Siempre termino cagándola.

   Me siento tentada, de verdad; tentada a hacerlo y dejar de preocuparme por cada pequeña cosa. Podría abrazar la paz por toda la eternidad si simplemente me dejara ir. Después de todo, nadie me extrañaría. No les importaría; ni siquiera visitarían mi tumba. Voy a ser olvidada tan pronto como deje de existir; tragada por la muerte y el olvido, consumida por la oscuridad y el odio. No hay amor. No, el verdadero amor jamás lo conocí. Nunca lo haré, y no voy a llegar al día en que lo haga. Voy a morir sola, ahogada en una pileta de mi propia sangre.


Fin

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario