martes, 15 de agosto de 2017

Chronicles - Entry No. 11 : Misery | Crónicas - Entrada No.1 : Miseria

(Do I Wanna Know? - Artic Monkeys)


   I did it. I finally did it. I decide to accept my fate, my destiny, in order to not let the pain destroy me completely. I didn’t want to, but I had to. Otherwise, I wouldn’t survive. It has come to this; to having to embrace the grief and suffering; to let it numb me like a drug. It has come to this; life hasn’t left me with any other options…sans death. I can’t take it any longer, so I might as well thrive in it and let it consume me entirely. This way I’ll use it to empower me and make me stronger.

   I had nothing, only you. And as happy as you were making me, you were also hurting me like nothing else. So I had to survive it one way or another; I didn’t want it to end yet. I’m a masochist, I know, but even I have a limit I’m not willing to cross. I was tired; exhausted by all the feeling and thinking about you. It started to become more of a poison than a cure; more of a pain than a pleasure. I wasn’t happy; I was struggling with my own anxiety and depression constantly.

   I thought I could handle it, and that it wouldn’t be really that hard. But just when I decide to embrace my misery, you went and made me trip all over my resolution. You talked to me, invited me to hang out. And no matter what I tried to convince myself of, I knew in that very moment that I couldn’t say no. Not to you, not to that. I surrendered the second you said “hi”. It only took a few words to make me fall back into square one, and now I think that it won’t work a second time. I'm way too in love to give you up.


The End

______   ______   ______


   Lo hice. Finalmente lo hice. Decidí aceptar mi destino, para así no dejar que el dolor me destruya por completo. No quise, pero tuve que hacerlo. De otra forma, no sobreviviría. Llegó a esto, a tener que abrazar mi pesar y sufrimiento; a dejar que me entumezca como una droga. Llegó a esto; la vida no me dejó otra opción…salvo la muerte. No puedo seguir soportándolo, así que solo me queda disfrutarlo y dejar que me consuma. Así podré usarlo para hacerme más fuerte.

   No tenía nada, solo a vos. Y por más feliz que me hicieras, me lastimabas como nadie ni nada lo hacía. Así que  tuve que sobrevivir de una manera o de otra; no quería que terminara aún. Soy masoquista, lo sé, pero incluso yo tengo un límite que no estoy dispuesta a cruzar. Estaba cansada; exhausta por todo ese sentir y pensar en vos. Comenzó a volverse más como un veneno que como una cura; más doloroso que placentero. No era feliz; estaba luchando contra mi ansiedad y mi depresión constantemente.

   Pensé que podría soportarlo, y que no iba a ser tan difícil. Pero justo cuando decidí abrazar mi miseria, vos viniste y me hiciste tropezar sobre mi resolución. Me hablaste, me invitaste a pasear. Y sin importar de qué intenté convencerme, supe en ese mismo momento que no podía decir que no. No a vos, no a eso. Me rendí en el instante en que dijiste “hola”. Solo fueron necesarias unas pocas palabras para hacerme caer de vuelta en el primer casillero, y ahora pienso que no va a funcionar una segunda vez. Estoy demasiado enamorada como para renunciar a vos.


Fin

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario