martes, 15 de agosto de 2017

Chronicles - Entry No. 10 : The Voice | Crónicas - Entrada No. 10 : La voz

(Better Off Death - Sleeping with Sirens)


   It quiets sometimes. But other times is unbearably loud, to the point I can’t shut it up even if I try my hardest to do so. No matter what distraction I try to put between us, when it gets bad…is really bad. I hate it and it scares me because I don’t know how much longer I can resist it. It becomes so tempting to just give in, it’s so convincing when it talks to me. It makes sense, and that’s the most terrifying. ‘Cause I see reason when I listen to it. It doesn’t matter what I think, what I know or believe, it’s always right.

   I remember that it used to be quieter, and talked less than it does now. It didn’t speak that often either; it was present from time to time only, which made it all the more easy to ignore and forget. But nowadays it has become impossible to pretend I don’t hear it every single day. It sounds like me, but I can’t reconcile it with myself. It feels so foreign yet familiar at the same time. It’s the darkest part of me, that I know for sure. I also know for a fact I didn’t create it myself.

   It’s a consequence. And the cause is life. Is everybody that hurt me over the years; everything bad that happened to me. It doesn’t matter if it was something I did or not; something I had control over or not. It all contributes to the black void that sucks in any negative thing in my life, only to feast on it. It’s always hungry, wanting for more. Whatever I do, or don’t, I end up feeding it against my will. There’s no escaping it, no way to exterminate it. I have to learn to live with it or die trying.


The End

______   ______   ______


   A veces se calla. Pero otras veces es insoportablemente alta, hasta el punto en que no puedo por más que lo intente. Sin importar que distracción intente poner entre nosotras, cuando es malo…es realmente malo. Lo odio y me asusta, porque no sé cuánto más pueda resistirla. Se vuelve tan tentador dejarme ir; es tan convincente cuando me habla. Tiene sentido, y eso es lo más aterrador. Porque veo que tiene razón cando la escucho. No importa qué piense, qué sepa o crea, siempre tiene razón.

   Recuerdo que solía ser más silenciosa, y hablaba menos de lo que hace ahora. Tampoco hablaba tan seguido; estaba presente de vez en cuando únicamente, lo cual lo hacía más fácil ignorarla y olvidarla. Pero hoy en día se volvió imposible pretender que no la escucho todos los días. Suena como yo, pero no puedo reconciliarla conmigo misma. Se siente tan extraña y familiar al mismo tiempo. Es la parte más oscura de mí, eso lo sé con certeza. También sé que yo no la creé.

   Es una consecuencia. Y la causa es mi vida. Es todos aquellos que me lastimaron a través de los años; todo lo malo que me pasó. No importa si fue algo que hice o no; algo sobre lo cual tenía control o no. Todo contribuyó al abismo negro que aspira cada cosa negativa en mi vida, solo para agasajarse con eso. Está siempre hambrienta, queriendo más. Cualquier cosa que haga, o no, termino alimentándola contra mi voluntad. No hay manera de escapar; no hay forma de exterminarla. Tengo que aprender a vivir con ella, o morir en el intento.


Fin

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario