jueves, 6 de julio de 2017

Chronicles - Entry No. 3 : Howling Wind | Crónicas - Entrada No. 3 : Viento aullante

(Love - John Lennon)


   I was lying down on my bed, having just been awoken by a Twitter notification at nine in the morning -way too early for me since I fell asleep at four in the morning-, listening to the howling wind outside my window clashing against it. It was a cold morning with a sky full of clouds that traveled at high speed because of the swift currents of wind lashing out at the city. I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed for the rest of the day, maybe even for the rest of the week.

   It was Father’s Day, the day before my birthday. I tried to go back to sleep because I was really tired, but hearing my parents arguing kept me awake against my will. I always hated their heated arguments, they always made me sad. On top of that, I started to think about you, which is the last thing that I wanted because I knew that I definitely couldn’t go back to sleep then. The day before had been amazing, and that hurt too much; because I wanted more of it, more of you.

   Instead of going back to sleep I stayed awake but didn’t get up until eleven in the morning. I didn’t want to walk in on my parents having an argument, and I already barely had any energy and motivation to get up. I did because I heard that we were going to my grandma’s to celebrate Father’s Day, and this made everything worse because I knew that I had to deal with even more. Getting together with a family that ignored me wasn’t my cup of tea. I would have rather stayed in bed thinking about how much I wanted to be with you.


The End

______   ______   ______


   Estaba acostada en mi cama, habiendo sido despertada a las nueve de la mañana por una notificación de Twitter -demasiado temprano para mí, ya que me había dormido a las cuatro de la mañana-, escuchando el aullido que provocaba el viento fuera de mi ventana y cómo golpeaba contra ésta. Era una mañana fría con un cielo encapotado de nubes que viajaban a alta velocidad debido a las rápidas correntadas de viento que azotaban la ciudad. No quería otra cosa que quedarme en la cama por el resto del día. Quizás por el resto de la semana.

   Era el Día del Padre, el día anterior a mi cumpleaños. Intenté volver a dormirme porque me sentía muy cansada, pero el escuchar a mis padres discutir me mantuvo despierta contra mi voluntad. Siempre odie sus acaloradas discusiones, siempre me hicieron sentir mal. Como si no fuera poco, empecé a pensar en vos, lo cual era lo último que quería ya que sabía que  definitivamente no me iba a poder volver a dormir. El día anterior había sido increíble y eso me dolía demasiado; porque quería más de eso, quería más de vos.

   En vez de volverme a dormir me quedé despierta pero sin levantarme hasta las once de la mañana; no quería salir en medio de la discusión de mis padres y ya apenas tenía energía y motivación para levantarme. Lo hice porque escuché que iríamos a la casa de mi abuela para celebrar el Día del Padre, y eso empeoró las cosas, debido a que sabía que tendría que tolerar más mierda. Juntarme con una familia que me ignora no es mi predilección. Habría preferido quedarme en la cama pensando en lo mucho que te anhelaba. 


Fin

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario