jueves, 6 de julio de 2017

Chronicles - Entry No. 4 : Sunlight | Crónicas - Entrada No. 4 : Luz solar

(Gnossienne No.5 - Erik Satie)


   It was a warm day in June, which was strange considering it was already winter. The sunlight filtered through the scarce clouds that still lingered on the sky. I remember how it felt to have the warmness of the light softly licking my skin and making me comfortable under it. It wasn’t suffocating but rather pleasant, quite odd for this time of the year. I’m not complaining; it was nice to have that kind of weather amidst the biting cold and pouring rain we had the past days.

   I was cleaning at that time; preparing to receive some of my relatives who would be visiting to greet me for my birthday, which was the day before. I didn’t really want to see anyone, that’s why I didn’t throw a party for my family or my friends. I still felt depressed up at that point, so much that I didn’t want to celebrate my own birthday. Between the possibility of having to invite people who I didn’t consider close to me anymore, and that the few ones that I really wanted to see wouldn’t come…I just didn’t want that at all.

   What made it worse was that you were one of those people; the one I wanted to have over at my house to hang out and have a great time with. I wanted that so badly that it hurt, like everything related to you. I still couldn’t help myself or my thoughts about you, and that added to my sorrowful mood. It was supposed to be a good day, a nice day, and there I was thinking about you; about how much I loved you and about how impossible it was for me to get you, even if you were the only thing I wished for upon a shooting star.


The End

______   ______   ______


   Era un cálido día de junio, lo cual era extraño considerando que ya era invierno. La luz del sol se filtraba por entre las escazas nubes que aún rondaban por el cielo. Recuerdo cómo se sentía tener el calor de la luz acariciando suavemente mi piel y haciéndome sentir cómoda bajo ésta. No era sofocante sino placentero, algo raro para esa época del año. No me estoy quejando, fue lindo tener esa clase de clima  en medio del frío y la lluvia que tuvimos los últimos días.

   Estaba limpiando en ese momento, preparando todo para recibir a algunos de mis familiares quienes me iban a visitar por mi cumpleaños, que había sido el día anterior. No quería ver a nadie en realidad, por eso no hice una fiesta con mi familia o mis amigos. Aún me sentía deprimida, tanto que ni siquiera quería festejar mi propio cumpleaños. Entre la posibilidad de tener que invitar a gente la cual ya no consideraba cercana, y que las pocas personas que sí quería ver no viniesen…simplemente no quería nada de eso.

   Lo que empeoró las cosas fue que vos eras una de esas personas; el que quería invitar a mi casa para pasar el rato y divertirnos. Quería eso tanto que dolía, como todo lo relacionado a vos. Todavía no podía evitar pensar en vos, y eso sumaba más a mi tristeza. Se suponía que iba a ser un buen día, un lindo día, y ahí estaba pensando en vos; pensando en lo mucho que te amaba y que tan imposible era para mí tenerte, aunque vos fueras lo único que deseara al ver una estrella fugaz.


Fin

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario