jueves, 6 de julio de 2017

Chronicles - Entry No. 5 : Cosmic Deity | Crónicas - Entrada No. 5 : Deidad cósmica

(I'm with You - Avril Lavigne)


   I always wondered what I did to make the universe angry; what I did to deserve destiny’s wrath. Is there a reason for all this of it’s just a random coincidence? How can someone’s life turn so sour with bad thing after bad thing happening to them? Did I do something to deserve this? Have I brought this on myself without even knowing it? I don’t want to think so and honestly, I can’t. I never did anything on purpose to have everyone I care about turn their backs to me; and even if I unintentionally did so, I’m sorry.

   Still, I don’t think it is fair, nor right, for all this to fall on my shoulders. I can barely hang on at this point. It’s becoming harder and harder to just keep going through my life like if none of this was happening right now. I’m tired of lying and I’m sick of dealing with this stuff, having to put a fake smile for everyone’s sake. Because at the end of the day I know they don’t care; if they did, they would clearly see that I’m wearing a mask of false content and joy. I don’t know how much longer I can keep up this act anymore.

   The only thing that I have left to cling to for dear life, like a beacon of light in the middle of the dark abyss, is you. You’re the only good thing that has happened to me this year so far; you’re the only one who makes me want to still get up and fight. Your smile is my sunlight; it shines the shadows away. But yet again that cosmic deity -God, the universe, destiny, or whatever that feeds on my sadness- is just playing with me, rejoicing with my struggles. Because it waves you in front of me and you’re still unattainable.


The End

______   ______   ______


   Siempre me pregunté qué hice para enojar al universo; qué hice para merecer la furia del destino. ¿Hay una razón para todo esto, o es una simple coincidencia? ¿Cómo puede la vida de una persona volverse tan amarga con tantas cosas malas pasándole? ¿Hice algo para merecer esto? ¿Cavé mi propia tumba sin saberlo? No quiero creerlo y, honestamente, no puedo creerlo tampoco. Jamás hice algo a propósito para tener a todas las personas que me importan dándome la espalda, e incluso si lo hice sin intención, lo siento mucho.

   Aun así, no creo que esto sea justo ni correcto; que todo esto recaiga en mis hombros. A esta altura apenas puedo seguir adelante. Se está volviendo cada vez más difícil seguir con mi vida como si nada de esto estuviera pasando. Estoy cansada de mentir y de lidiar con todo esto, teniendo que mostrar una sonrisa falsa por el bien de los demás. Porque al final sé que no les importa; si les importase se darían cuenta de que estoy usando una máscara de falsa alegría satisfacción. No sé cuánto más pueda mantener este acto.

   Lo único que me queda como salvavidas, cual rayo de luz en medio del obscuro abismo, sos vos. Sos lo único bueno que me pasó este año hasta ahora; sos el único que me hace querer levantarme en las mañanas y seguir con mi vida. Tu sonrisa es mi luz solar; brilla con tal intensidad que disipa las sombras que me rodean. Pero de todas formas la deidad cósmica -Dios, el universo, el destino o lo que sea que se alimenta de mi tristeza- solo juega conmigo, regodeándose con mis problemas. Porque te pone en frente mío pero lejos de mi alcance.


Fin

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario