miércoles, 16 de octubre de 2019

Dream World | Mundo de sueños


A few years ago, I had the strangest of dreams. I didn’t think much about it for a long time, believing it was just another nightly fantasy occurring during my sleep; but since then, I can’t help the feeling that it was something more.

For starters, it was probably the most disturbing nightmare I ever had. In it, I was some kind of murderer or serial killer, something of the like. Couldn’t know for sure how many victims I had, but I knew there were plenty. Enough to at least to call the attention of the law enforcement.

What seemed the weirdest thing, nevertheless, wasn’t the mutilated body of a little girl lying at my feet, but the fact that I really couldn’t recognize myself. Somehow, I knew that it was me, yet at the same time it wasn’t exactly me. Yes, he had my face and my body (although it looked slimmer and more athletic), but not everything was the same.

He had light orange hair with some red here and there, and green eyes. My hair is dark brown, and I have hazel colored eyes. He also had plenty of tattoos, while I’m scared of needles. So, taking all those details into account, the dream seemed even more strange. The killing factor was odd enough, but why the obvious differences?

Not only I have never had dreams like that, not even my worst nightmares, but in all my dreams I have always looked the same as I am in real life. So why did I look different in that specific dream and never before or again after?

Sometime after that night, I came across an old friend at a party and we chatted for a couple of hours, catching up and whatnot. We ended up smoking some weed and engaging in a pseudo-philosophical conversation –as it turns to happen when one is under the influence of such drugs–.

He ended up telling me about this crazy idea he had one time about dreams and what they really might be. He theorized that they aren’t just imagined depictions made up by our minds, but much more than that. Basically, he brought up the many worlds theory and said that our dreams may be a way of viewing our alternate-dimension selves and their respective lives.

At the moment, I just thought that he was high as a kite, but that thought resonated with me on some level and got stuck in my head even months after that. Now I just can’t help but think that he might not be entirely wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, that nightmare wasn’t a dream at all, but me traveling to another world and witnessing what my alternate self is doing there.

______      ______      ______


Hace unos años tuve un sueño de lo más extraño. No pensé mucho en eso durante mucho tiempo, creyendo que era solo otra fantasía nocturna que ocurrió durante mi ensueño; pero desde entonces, no puedo evitar la sensación de que fue algo s.

Para empezar, fue probablemente la pesadilla más inquietante que he tenido. En ésta, era una especie de asesino en serie o algo así. No podía saber con certeza cuántas víctimas tenía, pero sabía que había muchas, suficientes al menos para llamar la atención de la policía.

Lo que parecía más extraño, sin embargo, no era el cuerpo mutilado de una niña tirado a mis pies, sino el hecho de que realmente no podía reconocerme. De alguna manera sabía que era yo, pero al mismo tiempo no era exactamente yo. Sí, tenía mi cara y mi cuerpo (aunque parecía más delgado y más atlético), pero no todo era igual.

Tenía el pelo naranja claro con algo de rojo aquí y allá, y ojos verdes. Mi cabello es de tono café oscuro y tengo los ojos color avellana. También tenía muchos tatuajes, cuando en la vida real me dan miedo las agujas. Entonces, teniendo en cuenta todos esos detalles, el sueño parece aún más extraño. El factor de las muertes era bastante extraño, pero ¿por qué las diferencias obvias?

No solo nunca he tenido sueños así, ni siquiera mis peores pesadillas, sino que en todos mis sueños siempre me he visto igual que en la vida real. Entonces, ¿por qué me veía diferente en ese sueño específico y nunca antes o después?

En algún momento después de esa noche, me encontré con un viejo amigo en una fiesta y conversamos durante un par de horas, poniéndonos al día y todo eso. Terminamos fumando marihuana y entablando una charla pseudo-filosófica –como a veces sucede cuando uno está bajo la influencia de tales drogas–.

Terminó contándome sobre una alocada idea que tuvo una vez sobre los sueños y lo que realmente podrían ser. Teorizó que no son solo representaciones imaginadas hechas por nuestras mentes, sino mucho más que eso. Básicamente, me explicó la teoría de los múltiples mundos y dijo que nuestros sueños pueden ser una forma de ver  a nuestros yos de dimensiones alternas y sus respectivas vidas.

En ese momento, solo pensé que estaba dado vuelta, pero ese pensamiento resonó conmigo en algún nivel y quedó atascado en mi cabeza incluso meses después de aquel encuentro. Ahora no puedo evitar pensar que no podría estar completamente equivocado. Y que tal vez, solo tal vez, esa pesadilla no fue un sueño en absoluto, sino que viajé a otro mundo y fui testigo de lo que mi yo alternativo está haciendo allí.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario