miércoles, 23 de octubre de 2019

Lonely Road | Camino solitario


I once heard a quote that went like this: “The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before”, and it got me thinking for a while.

It started pretty basically, by just pondering about some stuff in my life. But then it got deeper, till the point where I would find myself following that kind of philosophy while doing the most mundane things. In the beginning, it just affected minor choices, like the type of coffee I ordered before going to work, and by the time I realized what I was doing, it had taken over most of my life.

And then I realized how basic I was, how much I let myself be influenced by everyone else. However, I finally understood the more profound meaning behind it after a few months of mulling over the same thought about going against the current. Only then did I make the definite choice to change the course of my life for the better.

I traded most of the typical things about me and what I did for things more unique and interesting. Got a new job, found new hobbies, began reading “odd” books; all concerning my mission to evolve into a greater person. I wanted so much to be there, where no one had been before, just like the quote professed.

Surprisingly enough, it worked! I got a more fulfilling job, I adopted a pet and even found love. I was doing better than ever, but there was still something bothering me about it; something was missing. And that’s when I decided to take it a step further.

The goal was simple enough, I would turn the “lonely path” approach from something figurative more into a literal thing. It consisted of walking physical paths, not just spiritual ones. So, I started taking trips across different places and lands. Forests, mountains, jungles; wherever I could go, I went and followed a new path instead of following the same everyone did.

It was certainly dangerous, and I have to admit that a couple of times I came close to meeting my maker, but the feeling of finding unexplored places was so rewarding that it became addicting. Until I came across something that I wish I have never even found.

I was in the middle of a dense jungle, in a country I dare not name in the hopes that no one else finds what I did when I stumbled upon some unknown ancient ruins. At least I think they haven’t been yet discovered since I tried to do some research about it before burying the subject for good and came up with nothing regarding the topic.

I was really excited at the time, believing I had just uncovered a hidden civilization and that I was going to be famous for it, recognized among scientists and researchers alike or whatever. Little did I know that I was making a big mistake and getting myself into something I knew nothing about.

The things I witnessed inside the decaying buildings, I cannot retell out of fear of inducing mass panic among the population. If someone else finds out about and goes public with it, it could mean the end for all of us. This is an extremely delicate and dangerous matter, not to be taken lightly in the least.

The people there, the ones that remained after what must have been decades in the least, decrepit and decadent as they were...and the things they were worshiping like gods...I cannot say it. Just thinking about it gives me chills.

I will take the secret to my grave and never speak again about that incident. The last thing we need is to give those people a reason to wake their masters sooner than planned. Just know one thing, whoever is reading my journal; they will come, and when they do

______      ______      ______


Una vez escuché una frase que decía así: “El que sigue a la multitud generalmente no irá más allá de la multitud. El que camina solo es probable que se encuentre en lugares donde nadie haya estado antes”, y me hizo pensar bastante.

Comenzó de forma simple, solo reflexionando sobre algunas cosas de mi vida. Pero luego se volvió más profundo, hasta el punto en que me encontraba siguiendo ese tipo de filosofía mientras hacía las cosas más mundanas. Al principio, solo afectó decisiones menores, como el tipo de café que pedía antes de ir a trabajar; cuando me di cuenta de lo que estaba haciendo, se había apoderado de la mayor parte de mi vida.

Y luego me di cuenta de lo básico que era, y cuánto me dejé influenciar por todos los demás. Sin embargo, finalmente entendí el significado más profundo detrás de esto después de unos meses de reflexionar sobre el mismo pensamiento acerca de ir contra la corriente. Solo entonces tomé la decisión definitiva de cambiar el curso de mi vida para mejor.

Cambié la mayoría de las cosas típicas sobre mí, y lo que hacía, por cosas más únicas e interesantes. Conseguí un nuevo trabajo, encontré nuevos pasatiempos, comencé a leer libros "extraños"; todo relacionado a mi misión de evolucionar a una persona mejor. Tenía muchas ganas de estar allí, donde nadie había estado antes, tal como profesaba la frase.

Sorprendentemente, ¡funcionó! Conseguí un trabajo más satisfactorio, adopté una mascota, e incluso encontré el amor. Me estaba yendo mejor que nunca, pero todavía había algo que me molestaba al respecto; algo me faltaba. Y fue entonces cuando decidí ir un paso más allá.

El objetivo era bastante simple, convertiría el enfoque de "camino solitario" de algo más figurativo en algo literal. Consistía en caminar rutas físicas, no solo espirituales. Entonces, comencé a hacer viajes por diferentes lugares y tierras. Bosques, montañas, selvas; a donde podía ir, iba y seguía un nuevo camino en lugar de seguir el mismo que todos.

Ciertamente era peligroso, y debo admitir que un par de veces estuve cerca de conocer a mi creador, pero la sensación de encontrar lugares inexplorados fue tan gratificante que se volvió adictiva. Hasta que encontré algo que desearía nunca haber encontrado.

Estaba en medio de una densa jungla, en un país que no me atrevo a nombrar con la esperanza de que nadie más encuentre lo que yo hallé cuando me topé con unas antiguas ruinas desconocidas. Al menos creo que aún no se han descubierto; intenté investigar un poco al respecto antes de enterrar el tema para siempre y no encontré nada relacionado.

Estaba realmente emocionado en ese momento, creyendo que acababa de descubrir una civilización oculta y que iba a ser famoso por ello; reconocido entre científicos e investigadores por igual. Poco sabía que estaba cometiendo un gran error y metiéndome en algo sobre lo que no sabía nada.

Las cosas que presencié dentro de los edificios en descomposición, no puedo volver a contarlas por miedo a provocar pánico masivo entre la población. Si alguien más se entera y lo hace público, podría significar el final para todos nosotros. Este es un asunto extremadamente delicado y peligroso, que no debe tomarse a la ligera en lo más mínimo.

La gente allí, los que permanecieron después de lo que debieron ser décadas por lo menos, decrépitos y decadentes como eran...y las cosas que adoraban como dioses...No puedo decirlo. Solo pensar en eso me da escalofríos.

Me llevaré el secreto a mi tumba y nunca volveré a hablar sobre ese incidente. Lo último que necesitamos es darles a esas personas una razón para despertar a sus amos antes de lo planeado. Solo ten en cuenta una cosa, quien quiera que seas, que estás leyendo mi diario; ellos vendrán, y cuando lo hagan

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario